This wildlife expedition tour will immerse you in the rich marine life of the Moorea reef and lagoon ecosystems.
- 07:30-11:30 Morning
- 14:00-18:00 Afternoon
- $100/person (12 guest max)
- $600 half day private charter up to 12 guests
- $900 full day private charter up to 12 guests
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
- the crystalline waters of the sand bottom lagoon including a personal encounter with pink whipray stingrays and blacktip reef sharks
- drift through a channel towards the outer reef to observe leopard rays and grey sharks beneath you in the pass
- pelagic interactions with cetaceans including spinner dolphins, rough toothed dolphins, and humpback whales (seasonally) if conditions are permitting
From mid-July to mid-November, humpback whales are present in our warm waters; they migrate from Antarctic waters to calve and reproduce. French Polynesia is one of the few places where it is possible to swim with them and observe them directly in their realm. The calves are particularly curious and are masters at eliciting memorable emotions from our guests. Our primary activity for the wildlife expeditions is focused on the observation of humpback whales.
* In water encounters with humpback whales are not guaranteed. Our priority lies both to guest safety and to respect of all wildlife we encounter during our tours. We will only enter the water with humpback whales after the biologist on board has observed their surface activity and deemed it safe for both the guests and the whales. Allowing the whales to continue their natural behavior, mating rituals, and migrational movements is vital for a healthy marine environment.